Polished Concrete in the Dallas & Fort Worth Areas
Polished Concrete is quickly becoming the go-to no-wax flooring material for commercial and residential projects. Due to advances in the polishing techniques and equipment, there are advancements in the industry. And, we are now able to grind polished concrete floor surfaces, new and old, to a high gloss finish for a great new look. Best part, it will never need any waxing or coating. Factor in the durability and performance of polished concrete. No wonder more and more people are choosing this method over typical flooring and countertop materials such as tile, marble, granite, linoleum, and terrazzo for their commercial projects.
Even homeowners are starting to use this to turn their average floors into smooth, high luster design elements. These projects can range from garage floors, basement floors, driveways, pool decks, walkways, etc.
What is Polished Concrete?
Polished concrete turns normal concrete into a glossy, mirror-like finish. Or a matte finish if that is preference. You can customize the look by choosing any color, create different patterns, and add embed aggregates (stone). Or, add any other interesting element into the concrete prior to the polishing for a unique finish. The result is a customized floor that you create! No two are the same.
Depending on the grit used to polish the floor you can change the level of sheen.
Polished Concrete Design Ideas
There are several design options available:
- Stained concrete – concrete staining is one way to add color & polish to a new floor or to revitalize an existing floor.
- Dyed polished concrete – adding concrete dye adds vibrancy of color. Dyes are often used in conjunction with polishing. They are easy to use, the process is quick and the result is stunning.
- Simple gray concrete – sometimes you just want to keep the floor simple, yet really make it shine. Gray is often chosen because of its simple, industrial appearance. It’s simple, but it will make a statement!
- Scored & patterned concrete – You can create a unique look by engraving, scoring, cutting, and stenciling it. You also have a variety of colors to choose from to enhance the look.
- Concrete overlays – sometimes we have imperfect floors that we want to dress up. An economical alternative is to install an overlay. The polished overlays can be used to cover up imperfect floors. The result is a perfectly smooth, seam-free surface. Or…you can use overlays to dress up an existing floor.
Polished concrete is super durable and very easy to maintain. All you need is a dust mop to remove dirt and grime. And, with occasional wet mopping as required to keep your floor sparkling clean for years.
Installing Floors and Countertops
If you are considering a polished concrete floor give Gene’s Concrete Pouring Services a call. We have been installing concrete floors and countertops for industrial, commercial, retail and residential customers in the Dallas & Fort Worth area for more than 20 years. Give us a call today!